Monday, December 14, 2009

VIENNA MEMORIES and . . .

For those of you who've not heard, La and I were in Vienna Sat. While following our tour guide very closely as we hurried through hundreds of other tourists to our bus p/u site, I tripped quite magnificently on a 2-inch high, hard-to-see concrete cornice. Result: one broken left wrist bone--below the joint PTL!! It was quite painful, and I managed to pass out momentarily (first time ever but very effective pain management!). I'm now sporting a partial hard cast which will be replaced with an unknown something else Fri. Only X=rays have been taken. Please pray that there are no other injuries (tendons, etc.), AND that I see the same caring doc as I saw today! The med. care has been compassionate, though admittedly a bit antiquated.

The Bible School folks here have smothered us with empathy and assistance, reminding us of our church back home. Likewise many of you have already sent messages of prayer and encouragement. Thank you!!!!! We feel loved!

We will post Vienna pix soon, but typing with only one hand does have its own pace!

EMMANUEL--Fasts

No comments: