Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sometimes . . . .








Sometimes you just have to set aside the urgent and deal with the important. 10+inches of snow is definitely important, so we dropped everything yesterday afternoon and took a 2-1/2 hour hike in the nearby mountains. I'd never hiked in the falling snow--until now; I'd never stood in the middle of the mountain forest while the snow drifted to the ground all around--until now! I'd never "heard" the quiet of a winter wonderland--until now. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

































My wonderful Slovak instructor offered to be our guide, concluding the adventure with a wonderful evening's supper in her home. Marvelous! Hopefully the pix will refresh you as much as the actual being there did us!

1 comment:

The Dishwasher Diaries said...

These pictures are beautiful! There is nothing I like better than to stand in the quite and actaully hear the snow fall. It's a wonderful experience. Love you!